Building skills to move your research results into action
Does your national research center have the skills it needs to synthesize results into products and services that policy makers and development partners will use to improve growth in your country?
Your national research centers and programs produce results to improve economic growth and quality of life in your country. It’s a fact that potentially useful research innovations and expertise remain on the shelf. Many innovations are unseen and unused, because they are not presented as products, tools and services – designed for use by policy makers, investors, or development partners.
Opportunity: Increasing the impact of your results – to increase use and encourage investment
Sci4D works with research management to make action plans that promote your innovations for better scaling up; and with research teams to improve their skills to better synthesize and promote their research, to:
• Engage and influence policy makers to develop policies and investment plans.
• Better compete for international funding.
• Attract future investment by donor and development partners.
• Encourage partners to adopt your technologies.
• Inform communities on useful approaches they can use.
• Motivate technical agencies/NGOs to make change on the ground.
Services for national research councils, research centers, development programs
Sci4D works with research leaders and management to:
• Capture and translate your expertise into tools and products for use by your country’s decision makers, and others.
• Craft strategies and action plans for improved knowledge and information management that ensure the widest use of your results nationally and worldwide.
• Build the skills of professional staff in science-policy communication, research synthesis, and promotion.
• Put in place systems that capture and translate know-how in your business processes and project cycles.
• Strengthen your proposals to include robust action plans for capturing know-how, managing information, synthesis and promotion of results to decision makers, and for the scaling-up of results.
• Manage information effectively – providing global reach for your results and data.